Author Topic: generating sections in rhino  (Read 23236 times)

sunnydan

• View Profile
    • Email
generating sections in rhino
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
all,
i am using rhino for architectural purposes...what is the best/ easiest method of generating a section (in hopes of exporting it as a .dwg)?

Archimy

• View Profile
Re: generating sections in rhino
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
first of all rhino is awesome for architectural work. there are two methods i use to get sections out of rhino the first is the section command which will cut through your selected objects and create a set of curves which can then be exported to an illustrator file or dwg. the other is the cutplane command which is a little more tricky but whats nice about it is it shows everything behind the cut. just make the cut and split the objects then use the print command or the make2d command to get the view into a workable form.

hope this helps,

A

Kiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 05:27:49 AM »
It would be nice to see a section tool similar to that in AutoCAD or Inventor, maybe in version 5?  Best bet is as Archimy suggested, it's also how I go about it.

ga.hitchcock

• View Profile
    • Rhino Training
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »
It depends on what you want in the final product. If you just want a line drawings, you use the command "SECTION". If you want an actual cut model. I would draw a large rectangular blade and literally cut the model in-half using the "SPLIT" command.
Greg Hitchcock
DESIGN-ENGINE|EDUCATION

http://www.designengine.com architecture and designer retraining